Learn the how what and why of performing the Jewish essentials. An exciting new course with Rabbi Dovid Gutnick. This course will help you gain mastery and clarity of 5 key and common Jewish activities. Appropriate for all levels of knowledge.
Commencing Wednesday 21 February 2018 at 7:30pm and continues for five Wednesdays
at the East Melbourne Synagogue
In five sessions we will explore :
- Synagogue practice including proper etiquette and behaviours. What to do when you arrive, greetings, responses, language, engage in the service and receive honours.
- The practical observance of the ancient Jewish calendar, know how to calculate the festivals and Jewish birthdays, also Jewish astrological signs.
- The secrets of sexuality and intimacy in Halacha and Jewish mysticism (adults only).
- How to understand and run a traditional and meaningful Shabbat dinner. Includes Shabbat Candle lighting, Kiddush challah, various table customs and how to infuse meaning and sentiment into your experience.
- How to observe the kosher diet simply and meaningfully in or out of the home.
Please enrol via the from below. For enquiries please call 9662 1372 0r Rabbi@melbourencitysynagogue.com
Bookings Now Open!